(Prerequisites: none – Recommend Grades: 8th-10th):
Algebra 1 is a course that gives students a foundation for future math and science courses. The concepts presented are first taught and then reinforced as the students work through the chapters. Students should have completed pre-Algebra or a complete 8th-grade math program prior to registering for this course.
This course is designed for students to read and work the problems in the textbook independently. Lectures will explain concepts from new angles to further gain comprehension. Assignments given during the course of the year can develop skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking and exploration of new concepts.
Topics include real number operations, variables, and equations, solving inequalities, relations and functions, linear functions, exponents, polynomials, radicals, quadratic functions, and rational expressions.
(Full Course Rental: $159, Single Episodes $15 – NO REFUNDS on purchases)
NOTE: ALL VIDEOS ARE FOR INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY VIEWING ONLY
1. One (1) online Vimeo rental will cover up to 12 students.
2. Over 12 students, the institution/co-op will need to buy a seat license for each additional student through the main Apologia office.
3. For all Academy Departments except Christian Worldview & American Government recorded classes, seats over 12 students are $39/per student and are good for one year.
4. For Academy Department of Christian Worldview & American Government recorded classes, seats over 12 students are $15/per student and are good for one year.
1. No online account sharing outside a household or in a co-op classroom.
2. For online media, at least one unique account is required per household/co-op (see student limitations above)
3. No copying of online content is allowed.
4. No viewing of online content outside a household or in a co-op group. The co-op leader or teacher is to retain the copy. Families desiring to watch a lesson at home must purchase or rent a personal copy.
NOTE: CLASSES ARE ABOUT 30-45 MINUTES, MAY CONTAIN EPISODES FROM EARLIER YEARS
NOTE: There are about 64 Episodes in this series.
These episodes are from our LIVE & INTERACTIVE classes – some references may not apply to you. You can fwd through these and other administrative portions if you wish. Recordings are added weekly as they are taught, adding up to 64 episodes of 30-45 minutes each by the end of the school year.
Please remember that you have chosen the SELF-PACED option – you do all tests, assignments, and grading, etc. on your own. Please do not request these items from Apologia Online Academy teachers. You can watch episodes in full screen and click the HD (high definition) icon in the lower right corner of the player for a better quality picture if you wish, but keep in mind these are not filmed in high definition. Webcam technology is not always in sync with the speaker.