This video on Azure Active Directory compiled by Sandeep Soni will briefly What is Azure AD, how can we use Azure AD as an authentication and authorization server, Types of Applications, and how to integrate Web-apps to Azure AD.
🔥 TIMESTAMPS 🔥
0:54 Azure Active Directory
4:09 Application Types scenarios
14:43 Integrating Web Applications with Azure Active Directory
What is Azure AD?
– Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is identity management and access management
service for the resources that exist in the cloud.
– For IT Admins, Azure AD provides an affordable, easy to use solution to give employees and business partners
Single Sign-On (SSO) access to thousands of cloud SaaS Applications like Office365, Salesforce.com, Dropbox,
– For application developers, Azure AD lets you focus on building your application by making it fast and simple
to integrate with a world-class identity management solution used by millions of organizations around the
You can use Azure AD to:
– Provide an identity management solution.
– Manage users and groups.
– Role-based Access Control (RBAC).
– Enable federation between organizations
Benefits of Azure AD –
– Single sign-on to any cloud or on-premises web app
– Works with iOS, Mac OS X, Android, and Windows devices
– Protect on-premises web applications with secure remote access
Integrating Web Apps with Azure AD:
Organizations that develop their own line-of-business (LOB) applications can protect access to those applications by using Azure AD. Developers can enable their own custom applications to use Azure AD, and obtain the same features that are available in the Azure AD gallery applications
Web App Sign In & Sign Out with Azure AD:
In ASP.NET web apps, you can accomplish this using Microsoft’s implementation of the community-driven OWIN middleware included in .NET Framework 4.5.
Set up your app to use the OWIN authentication pipeline
Here, we’ll configure the OWIN middleware to use the OpenID Connect authentication protocol. OWIN will be used to issue sign-in and sign-out requests, manage the user’s session and get information about the user, amongst other things.
1. Create a New ASP.NET MVC Web Application
1. File New Project ASP.NET Web Application Name=DssDemoWebApp OK
2. Select a template = MVC, Click on Change Authentication
3. Select Work and School Accounts
4. Cloud – Single Organization
5. Domain = Copy value from DOMAINS tab in Active Directory of Azure Portal
2. Open the Controllers\HomeController.cs file. You can access the user’s claims in your controllers via the ClaimsPrincipal.Current security principal object.
Join the Whatsapp group to get updates on the latest software technologies, webinars, and more
WhatsApp – https://chat.whatsapp.com/C4CY0Qoy7of0Epk1zzo6tU
To know more about upcoming webinars and courses, you can check out: https://www.bestdotnettraining.com/courses-and-webinars
Please subscribe to our channel for more related videos: web tv tubes/user/Deccansoft123
For any course-related queries, reach us @ +91 8008327000 Kashmira Shah
Please leave your comment about the videos.
For more updates on courses and tips follow us on:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeccansoftHome
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/deccansoft
– LinkedIn: https://in.linkedin.com/company/deccansoft-software-services
– Website: https://www.deccansoft.com/ or https://www.bestdotnettraining.com/
#Sandeepsoni #Deccansoft #bestdotnettraining