(Full Course Rental: $159, Single Episodes $15 – NO REFUNDS on purchases)
NOTE: ALL VIDEOS ARE FOR INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY VIEWING ONLY
1. One (1) online Vimeo rental will cover up to 12 students.
2. Over 12 students, the institution/co-op will need to buy a seat license for each additional student through the main Apologia office.
3. For all Academy Departments except Christian Worldview & American Government recorded classes, seats over 12 students are $39/per student and are good for one year.
4. For Academy Department of Christian Worldview & American Government recorded classes, seats over 12 students are $15/per student and are good for one year.
1. No online account sharing outside a household or in a co-op classroom.
2. For online media, at least one unique account is required per household/co-op (see student limitations above)
3. No copying of online content is allowed.
4. No viewing of online content outside a household or in a co-op group. The co-op leader or teacher is to retain the copy. Families desiring to watch a lesson at home, must purchase or rent a personal copy.
NOTE: CLASSES ARE ABOUT 60-90 MINUTES, MAY CONTAIN EPISODES FROM EARLIER YEARS
NOTE: There are normally 28-34 Episodes in this series
American Literature is a college-preparatory course that takes students inductively through a study of major classics of American literature, including short stories, poems, novels, drama, speeches, sermons, letters, and political writings. Students will learn how to read a work of literature with discernment—understanding the techniques it uses to draw the reader in and convey its meanings. And students will explore how these meanings relate to their lives, including their walk with Christ. Literature at its best conveys universal truths about how our minds and hearts work, what we hope for and fear, what we long for and need, what leads us into sin or toward righteousness.
Students will see that because all truth is God’s truth, even classic works by unbelievers contain significant biblical truth, and they will also see that there are plenty of writers in American literature who are believers. The course will also show students how literature fleshes out that truth in story, character, and image, helping us see how truth applies to life and motivating us to make that application.
These episodes are from our LIVE & INTERACTIVE classes – some references may not apply to you. You can fwd through these and other administrative portions if you wish. Recordings are added weekly as they are taught, adding up to about 28-34 episodes of about 60 minutes each by the end of the school year.
Please remember that you have chosen the SELF-PACED option – you do all tests, assignments, and grading, etc. on your own. Please do not request these items from Apologia Online Academy teachers. You can watch episodes in full screen and click the HD (high definition) icon in the lower right corner of the player for a better quality picture if you wish, but keep in mind these are not filmed in high definition. Webcam technology is not always in sync with speaker.